Artist Spotlight: Deanna Saracki

Deanna Saracki is an incredible artist! Her creations include fine art sculptures, paintings, and graphic design. Deanna and I are childhood friends and I have been inspired by many of her works over the years. Please enjoy the following interview with Deanna and some wonderful examples of her art work.

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Deanna and I currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my fiancĂ©. We moved from sunny Florida to be closer to family. When in Florida, I obtained my Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Graphic Design and a minor in Marketing. Florida Gulf Coast University educated me on how to develop my work as an artist. From this, I refined my artistic skills in drawing, painting, carpentry, welding, ceramics, and more.  My Senior Project focused on the female form; myself as representation. I challenged myself in creating an exhibition that wasn’t just full of art, but packed with ideas of the female body and its ability to be more than beautiful, more than something erotic or sexual. Instead, it is neither naked nor nude, but natural. Impact Grafx, Inc. was my first graphic design job that embraced my creativity and encouraged me to develop my originality in design. There, I expanded my skills in Adobe Create Suite, branding and identity, website design, photography, and customer liaison during the development phase of new projects.
Naked I & II - Terracotta clay

Nude I & II - Porcelain clay

Spellbound I & II - Plater Gypsona bandages and wood
Content - Photography
Today, I love having my own business as a freelance graphic designer and professional artist at Deanna’s Art & Design. My graphic design skills are focused on making clean, attention-grabbing design and experimenting/learning new techniques to bring into my projects. As an artist, I explore all mediums and applications. My latest art projects include a belly cast of my pregnant cousin and a painting of my backyard. Fall is here and I am looking forward to expanding the tree painting to include the changing colors of the leaves, as well as winter and spring.

Logan Avery - Plaster bandages
Paradiso of Summer - Acrylic
I have been making Christmas gifts for family and friends since 2005 and try to do something different every year. Below is an example of my 2008 Christmas gift. There are sand dollars that I found on the coasts of Florida. I feel the best gift one could give is your time and energy into creating something for those you love. 
Florida sand dollar ornaments

2. In addition to creating art, how else do you spend your time? What are your favorite hobbies, places to go, people to see?
I love color, music, traveling and the outdoors. My fiancé and I love to go hiking, camping, play indoor/beach volleyball, go to concerts, art openings and explore all the wonders nature bring to us. I am continually influenced by my surroundings.
3. Were you always drawn to art? If so, how did this manifest growing up? If not, what made you first want to become an artist?
Art has stimulated my heart for as long as I can remember. A drive of energy fills my body enabling me to work for hours at a time. Those energies and emotions for life, love, and happiness pour into my work. The use of different applications, styles, and mediums forever drive my passion for art.
Tulips - Acrylic
Self portrait - Digital photography
Graphics, sculpture, photography, ceramics, drawing, painting, carpentry, and welding have been of great interest and influence to me. I enjoy every style of art because it permits me to express my feelings in different ways. My expressionism changes continuously, allowing me to transfer them into my work. My creativity and drive to hone my skills drives me to succeed as a professional artist.
Apples - Acrylic
Boats - Acrylic
4. Your artwork is so unique! How do you come up with the designs?
My inspirations come from nature, color and people. I love to paint these mediums and are an extension of who I am.
5. Where do you draw your inspiration?
My love of life and affection play a critical role in my artwork. Most of my subject matter is of life; such as trees, flowers, and landscapes. I love to draw the human form, abstract sculptures, pastel flowers, illustrated faces of clay and computer generated designs. This love showcases my capabilities.

6. How do you promote your work?
I mostly promote my work through networking, word of mouth, exhibitions, my website and other sites. My raison d'etre is to: Expand your horizons, keep smiling, laugh often, but most of all love all that you do in your Art.

7. What advice would you give other artists that are new to selling their work?
Keep challenging yourself and never give up. If you believe in yourself; you will be successful. Surround yourself with intelligent people who are positive, supportive and won’t bring you down. After all, success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. Never be afraid to try something once. Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve your condition.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I still see myself creating art, exhibiting in local art galleries, selling more artwork, having my own studio and pregnant with a child.
Deanna's work can be found at:

No comments